To capture practical experience and use this imaginatively to accelerate main stream adoption of low and zero carbon methods and technologies.
THIS WORKSTREAM WILL AIM TO:
- Identify examples of successful, verifiable low and zero carbon housing solutions – covering building fabric, low-energy heating and renewable energy technology.
- Promote successful holistic solutions through a series of house or development profiles.
- Identify any common or widely–accepted solutions for wider benefit.
- Promote successful individual methods, technologies or approaches.
- Identify and promote examples of successful supply chains that have delivered low and zero carbon housing solutions.
- Identify and promote examples of clients who have successfully procured low and zero carbon housing solutions.
The examples of low and zero carbon housing developments shown in the Profiles Gallery have been prepared to generate awareness of the range of approaches that have met standard requirements for carbon emissions reductions. Initially we have included examples which meet levels in the energy categories of Ecohomes or Code for Sustainable Homes.
The Zero Carbon Hub has developed these Profiles to build awareness of the progress being made across the country and to help new and potential adopters of low carbon housing to appreciate the range of solutions available. In viewing these Profiles, please note that we have attempted to provide you with a quick, easy-to-digest snapshot of each project. We hope they will provide, through the contacts provided, opportunities for exploring any particular project in more detail.
If you are interested in taking part in this workstream or know of a project that could be captured in the Profiles Gallery, please contact Clive Turner at firstname.lastname@example.org.