Temp to Perm role - Communications and Marketing Intern, for Zero Carbon Hub
Salary: Reasonable travel expenses covered for first 3 months
Posted in May 2015
About the Zero Carbon Hub
The Zero Carbon Hub is a cross-sector public/private partnership set up in 2008 to facilitate the mainstream delivery of low and zero carbon homes. Through a number of work streams, it advises industry and government at all levels on the skills, practice and innovation required to meet the zero carbon ambition.
Please visit our website for further information; www.zerocarbonhub.org.
About the role
The Hub is currently expanding, and an enthusiastic intern is required to assist the Communications and Marketing team in designing and promoting Hub activities and projects to the wider house building industry. The intern will also assist other Directors and Hub Officers in meeting various deadlines.
Core Tasks will include:
• Co-ordinating key messages through social media channels.
• Supporting and creating website concepts and developments.
• Engaging with external organisations to promote the Hub. Presentation skills are preferable.
• Event organising and delivery a promotional strategy. The event forecast is very busy so assistance in delivering well executed and documented events is key to dissemination of information looking forward.
• Researching and drafting news articles.
• Reviewing and proof reading draft publications.
• Maintaining and updating contact lists.
• Administration assistance; collecting and writing minutes; meeting preparation.
The internship will last 4 months and suitable candidates will be considered for employment at the end of their placement either as directly employed or on a contract basis.
• A self motivated individual who is able to thrive under pressure, prioritise workload and meet tight deadlines.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, attention to detail is crucial.
• Willing to engage in a variety of tasks and enthusiastic to develop new skills.
• Must have an interest in the design and marketing branch – previous experience in design programs will be an advantage.
• Technical experience or qualifications in sustainability and construction is ideal – particularly regarding the low carbon agenda.
To apply please submit a CV and covering letter to email@example.com. Interviews will be held by arrangement upon receiving applications. Successful applicants will be required to start immediately.
Please note the position is unpaid but reasonable expenses will be covered. London based candidates are preferred.